Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Quick March Update

It's 1/6 through the new year, and I still haven't figured out what my project of 2015 will be yet, though I've been playing around with a few ideas, I can't say I'm going to stick with them for certain, though there are a couple of options that I know I won't be doing.

Dextro: Professional Male Stripper
This came quite close to being the project of 2015, but I wasn't inspired enough by it. Instead, I've given the idea to a friend of mine (who I won't say, because I don't want to obligate him) who'll develop Dextro. I'm pretty interested to see what he's going to do with it, since he's pretty funny and more enthusiastic than I am about the game. I'm sure Dextro is in competent hands.

Soccer Story
Because of the complexity of the concept I've decided I really need a GUI to do Soccer Story right, and that means moving to a platform like Ren'py and getting artists and all that. I just don't have the management skills or flat-out skills to do that yet. I know a lot of people want to see Soccer Story, and I kind of want to as well, but I can't do it unless I get someone committed to A) do the graphics and B) do the programming. Everyone on the Internet knows: writers are cheap, but artists and programmers are pure gold.

At a bare minimum, to make the project doable:
  • I'd need an artist to make an attractive GUI and character icons for each character.
  • I'd need a coder that can write the engine and AI into Python (or whatever we'd end up using)
There's also a new idea that's been hanging around my head for a while. I'm prototyping it right now, and if it becomes something substantial I'll post about it, but for right now it's not something I want people to get worked up about.

3 comments:

  1. You should make something with your AIF toolkit! Really showcase it's capabilities. Plus I'm impatiently awaiting the recipe book for that toolkit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beh, deciding what not doing is in any case a beginning.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a plan at one point to try moving over to Gamemaker (not RPG maker) and building a game with a GUI in that platform, but I ultimately decided to at least put that off for a while because it takes so much work to learn a new system, and I've got no real enthusiasm to do that. I can empathize.

    ReplyDelete