Monday, January 20, 2014

AIF Toolkit v0.5.0

AIF Toolkit v0.5.0 is released. There are a couple of major changes that break compatibility in a serious way, so it's recommended you save a backup of the prior version of Simpler AIF and Advanced Layered Clothing. Overall, it's worth it. Sex toys and non-standard body parts are now fully supported, in addition to tribadism, frotting, and other things. Read the documentation for more details.

As there are some major changes, I do expect some bugs and I ask that people submit bug reports if they find anything.

A few people have asked me for the extension I used to make Bad Sister with. I have released Adult CYOA with this extension that will allow you to make Bad Sister style games (meaning that it is CYOA with AIF commands). In truth, this extension is a lot better than what I used to make Bad Sister, so you will have a much easier time of it than I did.

To Twine users, you might consider using Adult CYOA. It's only marginally less user friendly, and in exchange, you get a far more flexible parser with tools that are a lot more powerful. You can simulate inventories and add special commands. You can even compile to a browser-friendly interpreter.

In the future, I'm going to try to publish a few tutorials on writing with Adult CYOA. Wait and see.

Anyways, you can download the new version here.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! Going to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it broke fucking in my old code. Thing is when I try the sample code with Lilah that you show in the manual, her fucking code seems to be broken in the same way.

    Stripping both player and Lilah, followed by asking her if she wants to have sex, followed by "fuck Lilah" results in nothing at all. Is the "after fucking" syntax shown there correct?

    Thanks again for all your work on this extension!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The biggest change between AIF Toolkit v 0.5.0 and prior versions is that fucking now requires a second noun, as in "After fucking Lilah with your cock". I thought I'd updated all the examples but, being lazy, I didn't actually test if it was working.

      For most people, updating your code will simply mean adding a second noun to all of their "fucking" rules, so that "After fucking Lilah's ass" becomes "After fucking Lilah's ass with your cock". It gets a little iffier if you used some of AIF message rules as a lot of them simply don't exist. There's also a phrase that isn't used anymore in the latest version.

      Anyways, my recommendation is to look to see if you have any plain old "fucking" rules and systematically replace them with "fucking it with." If anyone is still having problems after that I'd be happy to take a look at the source code.

      Delete
    2. Alright. My bad. There is a serious bug that stops the fucking action from working. I missed it because I was using the testing commands. I'll release a bugfix version immediately.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the clarification on syntax. Looking forward to the update!

      Delete