Tuesday, January 13, 2015

What is the AIF Toolkit Recipe Book?

During my post on my New Year's Resolutions I said that I was working on an AIF Tookit Recipe Book, a companion to the Inform 7 Recipe Book. These would cover topics that don't exactly deserve their own extensions, but probably deserve a mention. I get some feature requests that, while reasonable in their own right, are either specific to a particular game or have very simple means of implementation within core I7. The ATRB would have examples of doing these things. The ATRB also has sex scene templates - I've got three so far - which you can just paste into a project and fill out all the relevant texty bits and poof like magic you've got a fully-fledged sex scene.

This is where you come in. Do you have a particular question or subject you want answered or covered? I'll almost certainly include it in the ATRB.

Here's a brief list of subjects I've covered/planning to cover:
  • Making background and partially interactive NPCs.
  • Body parts with interesting names.
  • Writing good understand clauses
  • Clothing and clothing descriptions
  • Boob cups & body measurements
  • Modifying the arousal system
  • Unlocking new actions ala Master of the House
  • Using willingness as a variable
  • Give it to me! (contextual sex commands)
  • Achievements
  • Dynamic outfits
  • Solving memory issues
  • Using scenes and positions
  • Conversational commands
  • Commands by kind
Is there anything else? Pretty much anything AIF related is on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment