Sunday, November 9, 2014

Happy 50,000 Views!

Hi everyone. This blog has gotten 50,000 views. While this is small-fry stuff, it at least means a few people are reading this, and I've found in myself enough self-discipline to update this. It might interest you what the demographics of the blog are. Probably not, but this is my blog and I can do whatever the fuck I want.

Views by Country

Here's a list of pageviews by country:

  1.  United States, 17658 views
  2. Germany, 4808 views
  3. United Kingdom, 3979 views
  4. France, 2588 views
  5. Canada, 2487 views
  6. Australia, 1470 views
  7. Netherlands, 1331 views
  8. Italy, 1298 views
  9. Sweden, 1212 views
  10. Russia, 928 views
Unsurprisingly, the U.S. takes the #1 spot. I think the most surprising part was Germany taking the #2 spot. Danke! I shall raise a glass of Hefeweizen in your honor to wash down my kielbasa and sauerkraut. UK, I'll... I dunno, burn Guy Fawkes or something, and say "God Save the Queen". I live in the US, so it has to make do with my tax dollars. Following is France (merci!), not really that surprising because of the Shark's Lagoon. Canada and Australia are english-speaking countries, so this is also natural. Next, Netherlands, Italy and Sweden are all neck-and-neck, and finally Mother Russia makes a valiant effort as #10. спасибо!

However, because I'm also a nerd, I wanted to figure out which countries I was the most popular in. I divided the number of views by the population of the country, and multiplied that by 10,000. And, well, the results were very surprising, as you'll soon see.

Popularity by Country

EBPI (Estimated Blog Popularity Index) calculated by (total views)/(country population) * 10,000
  1. Sweden, EBPI 12.4
  2. Netherlands, EBPI 7.8
  3. Canada, EBPI 6.9
  4. UK, EBPI 6.2
  5. Australia, EBPI 6.2
  6. Germany, EBPI 5.9
  7. United States, EBPI 5.5
  8. France, EBPI 3.9
  9. Italy, EBPI 2.8
  10. Russia, EBPI 0.6
Holy shit Sweden. No one even comes close. I dunno. Should I start saying nice things about King Karl XII? Eat lutfisk? Maybe start writing games with Swedish NPCs? Tack. That's "thank you" in Swedish, or at least that's what Google translate tells me.

And let's not forget about the Netherlands. I know it's difficult maintaining the world's best water drainage system but in between that you've found the time to read the blog. Thanks for that. Your country sounds lovely as fuck and I'd like to visit one day. And Canada, thank you too. Enjoy your poutine and avoid the moose this winter.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a jealous man AW, although, I have had 3500 in just two months,
    It's also worth mentioning that I am one of those Englishmen that read your blog.
    I will not be burning a Guy either as the time passed. "Please do remember, the fifth of November. "
    I will instead raise a pint in your honor.
    I doff my hat to you sir.
    Keep up the tremendous work squire.

    The Doc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am certainly not shameless pandering to patriotism. Nosiree.

      Delete