Saturday, December 21, 2013

Where Have I Been?

So, it's been a bit of time since I posted here. It's what you might have expected it to be: life, work and sheer laziness. But there is another thing that's ultimately been slowing me down, something that I'll talk about here.

A year or so back I was a volunteer editor for Literotica. I had always been good at the minutiae of grammar and spelling, and I had previously worked professionally as an editor, so I thought: why not, I'll give it a go. I started editing stories and, to my shock, people were actually enthusiastic about my work.

So, after not having edited for a while, I've decided to try and edit professionally again, ideally for people who want to be self-published. To build my reputation, I've taken on a lot of authors, of all skill levels, and that's been eating my time like nothing else. I've stolen a moment here and there to work on my game, but progress has really slowed down.

One of the stipulations to my writers was that I could link to their work as samples of my editing, so I will be occasionally be posting them on this blog.

A few games have been released recently, and I will be posting some reviews soon.

1 comment:

  1. Literotica has a lot of high quality stuff if you know where to look, that's for sure. I'd recommend checking out LizHaze's work if you haven't already. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete